Dundee 3-3 Ross County- Match Report

Dundee striker Rory Loy at the double to deny Ross CountyDundee came back from the dead to secure a share of the spoils from this thrilling Ladbrokes Premiership match against Ross County at Dens Park.Paul Hartley's side were trailing 3-1 at half-time to County, but a second-half double from Rory Loy deflated Jim McIntyre's men whose task was not helped by the dismissal of captain Andrew Davies in the 53rd minute.County took a 19th-minute lead through Liam Boyce before Greg Stewart levelled for the hosts a minute later

Dundee defender James McPake headed an own goal to put the visitors back ahead and Michael Gardyne looked to have killed the contest when he scored against for County two minutes before the break, but the game was to change drastically as it finished in a 3-3 draw.Midfielder Riccardo Calder made his first start for Dundee since signing on loan from Aston Villa.In a moment that gained greater significance later, County skipper Davies became the first player to be booked when he was shown the yellow card for a foul on Stewart just outside the box after 17 minutes.County soon swept ahead when Calder's poor cross was cut out and the Highlanders broke, with Jackson Irvine running past Dundee skipper Kevin Thomson before passing out wide to Boyce.As he accelerated towards goal, Boyce steadied himself before firing an accurate left-footed shot low past home goalkeeper Scott Bain and into the far corner of the net.However, the lead was short-lived

Dundee went straight to the other end of the field and Stewart jinked past a couple of challenges before finishing with a low shot into Scott Fox's near post.That gave the home team a big lift and after 24 minutes they were appealing for a penalty when Stewart's chip appeared to come off Gardyne's hand, but referee Craig Thomson waved play on.County went 2-1 ahead after 37 minutes when Marcus Fraser's inswinging cross was headed into his own net by McPake.And they went further ahead in simple fashion when Irvine's cross to the far post was met by Gardyne whose looping header beat Bain.Dundee knew they had to do something soon after the restart to haul themselves back into contention and Calder had a run and shot at goal after 48 minutes which Fox stood up to.They pulled back to 3-2 when Davies pulled down McPake as they went for Holt's free-kick and was handed his second booking so walked for an early bath.Loy stepped up to send Fox the wrong way from the spot with a textbook penalty to make it 3-2.Dundee quickly started to make their extra man count and after 69 minutes Loy made it 3-3 when he latched onto Paul McGinn's through-ball and rattled it past Fox for the equaliser.Dundee wanted another penalty with 15 minutes left when Stewart went down inside the box close to County substitute Sean Murdoch, but referee Thomson saw nothing untoward.The hosts did most of the pressing for a winner in injury-time and substitute Gary Harkins had a header cleared off the line by Chris Robinson

Source : PA

Source: PA