hamiliton bucket collecton

By Shaded
Last updated : 30 January 2012

At the beginning of the season we pledged that any monies received from bucket collections throughout the season would be split 80% to Junior Dees with the remaining 20% split equally between 5 charities (Alzheimer's Scotland, British Heart Foundation, Help for Heroes, Maggie's Centre and TCCL).

For our next home game v Hamilton, however, we will be having a special bucket collection, where ALL proceeds will be donated to MacMillan Cancer Support as a tribute to Dundee Fan - described by Rab Douglas as a "legend and entertainer" - Wullie Reilly.  Wullie, a real die-hard Dee, is probably the most "weel-kent" face in the Dundee Support, he's followed the team through thick and thin, the length and breadth of the country.

Wullie was recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the oesophagus, and told he has a couple of months left.  Far from being downhearted, he decided to hold a party in Lyrics in Dundee this Sunday "I want two wakes.  One I’m going to and one I’m not" he told the Evening Telegraph.  "It’s going to be in Lyrics and I want everyone I know to come down."  Those who attend the celebrate the life of a true Dundee man are being asked to make a donation which Wullie will present to MacMillan Nurses.

The Society Board felt that it would be a fitting tribute to Wullie if we could help raise even more for his nominated Charity, hence every penny put into a bucket on Saturday 11th February will be donated to MacMillan Nurses.  For those who cannot make Wullie's party, nor the game on 11th, you can make a donation here.

 

Society and Dundee Mad Supporting Depression Alliance Campaign

With depression being such a high profile issue in football since the sad death of Gary Speed and a handful of players admitting they have also suffered at various points of their careers, Depression Alliance UK in conjunction with ex Premiership footballer and radio pundit Stan Collymore are running a campaign to highlight an issue often shied away from.  Many sufferers find it hard to admit to having a problem with depression initially, and even harder to talk about it and seek help. Many aren't even aware that depression is the cause of the feelings they may be having.
 
To bring attention to the people who can help - anonymously, online, or through local support groups - Stan has been collecting signed and match worn shirts from his contacts and friends in the game and is running a prize draw for anyone who wishes to donate a fiver to support the charity's work up until the 31st of the month.  A full list of all the shirts and Premiership hospitality prizes are available here, along with terms and conditions.
 
The Dundee FC Supporters' Society and Dundee Mad are working together in support of the campaign, and to raise awareness of Depression Alliance UK locally, the Society have donated a squad signed 2011/12 shirt to the campaign.
 
For more details on this, and for your chance to get your hands on either the Dee top or one of the countless others that have been donated, visit the Dundee Mad website.

Dundee Match Reports

Scottish Premiership Sat 30th December 15:00

St Johnstone 0 - 2 Dundee

Last game - Match Centre


Trending on the boards